So you think playing Freecell is beneath you

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, May 9, 2006.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Try this.

Open up Freecell.
    Click on Game, click on Select game.
    Delete the game number that appears there.
    Type in -1 (yes, minus 1, or -2 (minus 2). Two different variations.
    Click OK.
    Now try and solve those 2. I haven't yet :confused: :p .
    Only read about this yesterday. More practice required. :D

Bazza

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Very old hat Bazza. :)

But if you really want to win those games press Ctrl+Shift+F10 then Press Abort and move a single card. :D

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

heh, that's a good one!

I'm surprised the number of Easter Eggs microsoft includes. Rumour has it that you can access MS Flight Simulator from Excel '97. Hit up google for instructions!

One that I've confirmed is the minesweeper cheat. It goes like this:

1. Open Minesweeper
    2. Click the title bar
    3. Type 'xyzzy' (without the quotes)
    4. Hit shift + enter
    5. Minimize all application windows that hide the desktop. The uppermost pixel in the top left corner of your desktop will turn black when you mouse over a mine, and white when it's safe to click.

4. bigbazza

I just came across it yesterday. I'd like to try and win without tricks. Bazza

===

5. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Me too mate. :) But I don't think those two games are do-able just like game 11982 is impossible. But the rest of the (first) 32000 games can be done. I've done all of the first 13000 (bar 11982 of course) and I think it's a great little game but I'm easily pleased. :) ;)

6. bigbazza

Like you, I don't think it can be done, but I haven't really tried yet. I am addicted to Freecell. Play it all the time when waiting for dialup downloads to finish. Have numerous times got 49, 48, 47 and 46 cards out in the last move. And got screendumps to prove it (taken 1 move before the last move). I get disappointed if I can't go out with at least 40 cards left. Anyone can play it just to win, but to win with more than 45 cards still to go takes a bit more nouse. I'm easily pleased as well.

PS: I notice XP goes up to 100,000 games. You've gotta long way to go, Yargwel. Bazza

Make that 1,000,000 games !!!!!!!!!!!!!

===

7. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Well at 50 games a day I should be finished in another 54 years!!:eek: :eek: :)

8. bigbazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds