socket problems bluetooth

Discussion in 'Software' started by galadriel2x, Sep 10, 2010.

1. galadriel2x

galadriel2x Private E-2

Firstly not sure if I am in the right forum because I have no idea what this problem relates to sorry.
    I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit

I bought a bluetooth dongle (no particular brand) that did not come with software disc. I plugged in and had problems so googled and found the following thread and followed the instructions. It worked and I transferred a file to my mobile phone.

'Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 ) which you can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/downloads/microsoft/device-center-download.mspx
    this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'
    - Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.
    - Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it, you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection problem error message.

I hope this will help you guys fix your bluetooth problem with Windows 7. Good luck '

However, after restarting my PC, whenever I try to 'send to bluetooth device' I get this error message

Bluetooth file transfer not completed
    Windows was unable to transfer some files
    An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions'

I have no idea why this happened and no idea what it means. Can anybody help please?
    Thankyou

2. morteza

morteza Private E-2

When you can't send a file from PC to a device because Win8 gives a special error saying:
    (This worked in Win8 and probably will work in Win7, too.)

Bluetooth file transfer not completed
    Windows was unable to transfer some files
    An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

Go to Task Manager, Services, find "bthserv" in the list (it is a bluetooth support service.) right-click on "bthserv" and then click "Go to details" then this will take you to another tab and highlights an .exe file (svchost.exe), right-click and End Process it. Go back to your file and try to sent it. This time it will work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds