sockets

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loper, May 10, 2005.

1. loper

loper Private E-2

hi i have a kt 400 mother board socket a what would my options on an upgrade for my processor

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

KT 400 is the chipset!! It will probably be easier to research by make and model of the motherboard...atleast for me anyway!!

So, I guess I should just ask you...LOL...what is the make and model of the board??

Roger

3. loper

loper Private E-2

it is an msi kt4v (ms-6712)

4. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

5. loper

loper Private E-2

it does help thx but can i not go further than a athlon 2800 or can it go further since i upgraded my bios

6. loper

loper Private E-2

even on the amd site it recomed that my mother board can take up to 3200 and so does the msi site

7. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

what do you have in your motherboard now. It usually takes about a 50% gain or more to notice a difference in cpu speed. If not you can always get a new motherboard and cpu the 3200 xp is still running the same or higher than some 64 bit chips. This way you will be able to upgrade in the future.

8. loper

loper Private E-2

at the momemt i hav a 1.25ghz athlon xp about a year and a half old im start to notice the speed lacking now because games nowadays need about 1.8-2.0 gh in an amd processor plus i got a radeon 9200se but im get a upgrade on that soon

9. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

10. loper

loper Private E-2

im not planing on getin a new chipset im get a radeon 9800 pro but that processor is socket 939 will it go in a socket a (462)

11. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

no it takes a socket 939 Your proceesor would definitley be a bottleneck with that video card (9800 pro) you could always get a 2.0 xp like a barton and you would see speed increase but as far as any upgrades after that you would have to go socket 939 0r 754 alot of the newer ganes are going to be very demanding on your video card and cpu.

12. loper

loper Private E-2

i have a socket a (462) can u recomed the best procossor for it

13. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

14. loper

loper Private E-2

thx but im gona but on at a local computer store called mplex u can go to there site at mplex.com

15. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

no problem good luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds