Softphones - How to play sound clip thru Mic?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Electro-User, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Electro-User

Electro-User Private First Class

Is anyone here familiar with Softphones?

I am trying to figure how to play a sound clip thru the mic while on the phone live.

I need to configure the sound clip output to play through the mic or?
    I fiddled with the control panel but no success

I have an eyeBeam basic phone. The eyeBeam has a Hold button, which of course plays music to the caller on hold but I need to play the clip while I am talking to them.

Anyone know or have any suggestions on how to configure or tweak something to make this work?

2. Dark Byte

Dark Byte Private E-2

From what i know, a mic is not capable of playing back sound, for that you need a speaker or headphones.

Speakers play sound, mic recieves the sound

Then again i could be wrong and am not familiar with softphones

3. Electro-User

Electro-User Private First Class

Dark Byte

Maybe I didn't make request clear...

I am NOT trying to play a sound clip FROM the mic.

I want to have a sound clip play so the person I am speaking to on the phone can hear it.

***I don't want to have to hold my mic to the speakers, I want the sound clip to play through the same circuit the mic is using if that is possible.

I am hoping someone out there knows how to configure this.

Sorry for any confusion :-o

4. Dark Byte

Dark Byte Private E-2

Oh, got it now ;) sorry. Im not familiar with softphones like i said but thank you for clarifying

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds