Software Engineering

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheEndIsTheEnd, Oct 5, 2004.

1. TheEndIsTheEnd

TheEndIsTheEnd Private E-2

Hi, i am currently a software engineering student in an Ontario university and i was wondering if anybody else on this board was studying software engineering and if so what are they exactly teaching you at your school ?

The reason i ask is because alot of people i know are close to graduating and they have no real skills. I was just wondering what other people out there are experiencing in school, what languages/OS they learn. How much math and documentation is involved , etc...

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Not surprised really. I've met several people that claim they have a computer science degree and/or degree is software engineering and while 20% of them were actually in the know they've often told me it was mostly because of their own efforts outside of schooling. The rest of them were paper weights. The new kid they hired at my employers a year ago came into my office and I handed him some installs of Win98 to do .. he had no clue.
    Sorry for the tangent. I just wanted to point out that your observations are quite normal (sadly).

3. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Think you will meet incompetence in every area of society, which is a nice thought to have in your mind when you some day have to visit the hospital :)

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I work in a Nursing Home.. I see it all the time here.. it's sad.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds