software for icon design.

Discussion in 'Software' started by moises9485, Mar 3, 2010.

1. moises9485

moises9485 Private E-2

Hi All,

I have designed the logo for my website on a paper. So I need a software where I can make this logo in gif or png or etc format.I need easy one as I am not a graphics designer I just need to design my logo.

I know Photoshop might be the option but is it easy to use. Also is it common to take the photo of the drawing on paper and then put in the website. I am feeling it much easier than designing on the software. I am might be silly here

Thanks for reading..

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

From my limited experience, Photoshop is NOT easy to use. I use AutoCAD at work and for me it's a breeze by comparison. I think Photoshop is also pretty expensive.

Since you say you already have what you want on paper, you could scan it and save the file as a png, jpg, bmp or whatever. I've done this with color drawings my wife made. Once that's done you can use any freeware photo editing software to tweak it.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Paint.Net, GimpShop, The Gimp & Inkscape are all free drawing programs that can do a logo in just about any format you need. There are sites on the web that will teach you these programs.
    To make an icon - IcoFX is nice.
    But I'd scan the paper drawing and make layers & trace it. Easy.

4. Jhoinsmath

Jhoinsmath Private E-2

You need to use software intended for vectorial design. I recommend Adobe Illustrator - Photoshop is great for image edition, but for image creation, so to speak, you definitely need the vectors

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds