Software for recording audio.

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimrod, Dec 6, 2009.

1. jimrod

jimrod Private E-2

Grrrrrr, I used have a real cool piece of software for recording audio from the net. Sadly when my notebook crashed and the dummies wiped everything, including my image of my hard drive.

This is like learning to walk again, I have no idea what the name was, but the real reason it was cool, is because it was simple to operate. I had tried plenty before, many gave a poor recording or were too glitzy, but this one was the business.

I suppose I'm looking for one of two things, tell me the name of the one I had and I will be ulta impresssed:-D Or give me an alternative, but just as good.

The audio needs to be as crisp as the original as it will be used for listening tests for non English speaking students.

As always, thanks in advance.

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there, what you can do is use this piece of kit to recover all those lost files and folders http://www.majorgeeks.com/Recuva_d5514.html , which also lets you know what is good and what is bad, then you'll also see the name of the software recording program you lost and you'll be able to redownload it or even maybe recover it !

Hope this helps you ! ;)

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The name you are looking for is.....

[drum roll]

Audacity. Deep down it is what you are looking for but you may not know it yet.

Okay, so it may not be the same program, but it does everything you request. :)

4. jimrod

jimrod Private E-2

I don't have the notebook anymore, so no recovery.

I'm sure I tried Audacity before and found it too difficult(not 100% sure)

The one I had, I just right clicked and whatever page I was on would be downloaded and I could save to hard drive, that included sites that didn't allow you to download their audio.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds