Software keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'Software' started by lambofgodftw, Apr 8, 2012.

1. lambofgodftw

lambofgodftw Private E-2

Alright, this is the scoop. A while ago I installed Debian Linux and I noticed everything was crashing. So I re-installed and the same thing happened. I then tried a few more distros and the exact same. I figured perhaps the CPU didn't quite understand how linux worked. I installed Windows XP And the same thing happens. Not nearly as much but it still happens. I know it's not the power supply, hard drive, overheating, RAM, or my graphics card. My guess could be the motherboard.

Specs:

740 Mb of RAM
    Intel Pentium 4CPU 3.06 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Have you tried setting the MB BIOS to it's default settings? There may be a setting in there causing the problem.

You said "I know it's not the power supply, hard drive, overheating, RAM, or my graphics card." Have you ruled these things out by way of diagnostics? A guess would be bad RAM or CPU that has previously been overheated.

Does the MB have any bad capacitors?

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds