Software recommendation/suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eezak, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Eezak

Eezak Staff Sergeant

I use an ever increasing number of images (most generated by the G-Force program by Sound Spectrum) which are rotated randomly as my wallpaper (set to change once per hour).

Once in awhile I see an image that I especially like and I'd like to be able to easily save a copy of simply by right clicking on the wallpaper image and select "save image" or "save wallpaper" or something similar. Or a script that I could invoke with hotkeys that would do the same thing.

My purpose is just to easily create a selection of those images I especially like as I stumble onto them when they're displayed as wallpaper rather than going through the original folder that is the source of the wallpaper images and looking at each image (there are over a thousand of them now and the number of them keeps increasing as I use the screen capture feature in G-Force to grab and save more of them) and selecting those I find especially appealing in that manner. That turns into a chore quickly whereas if I could just easily save a duplicate of the displayed wallpaper image when I see one I like more than most it wouldn't seem like work...yeah, I'm lazy. But surely there's a way to do this easily?

Is there a wallpaper program that has a feature like this? I'm currently using Win 7's theme feature with it pointed at the folder with my G-Force images to randomly display my wallpaper, but if there's a wallpaper program that will do what I want and is reasonably priced (or free!) that would be fine.

As it is currently I have to go to the folder where all of these images are stored and, using a file viewer, or slogging around looking at thumbnails (often there may be 3 or 4 very similar ones I've saved in quick succession) try to find the image I want so I can copy it to another folder.

Surely there's an easier way to do this? Suggestions please and thank you.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds