software serial numbers

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Feb 9, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

A friend has an HP laptop with some recording studio type of software installed, stuff like Reason... anyway, he wants to reformat and reload Windows but he doesn't have the serial numbers for the software, he does have the CDs. Now, we all know that serial numbers are usually on the CD sleeves, right? Well, a couple of years ago, he thought it would be a real good idea to store all his CDs in one of those zip-up cases with the padding and individual envelope slots for each CD. Great. But he has no idea what he did with the original CD sleeves, and has since moved (twice) and naturally can't find 'em. Is there an app that will retrieve the serial numbers from the registry (or where-ever)? I know that KeyFinder Thing would recover TONS of serial numbers, but it doesn't seem to be here at MG anymore (am I wrong? if so, link me up!). So, if anyone knows of a good serial number finder, please post a link or name or something.... he has some emails submitted to the various companies, and has rec'd only one response so far telling him he can purchase a new serial number at a discounted price. If that's what he has to do, so be it, but it seems that the serial numbers are in the PC, somewhere
    Thanks!

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Aha! Thanks Tim.... hopefully it will reveal at least some of the serials....

4. maybeok

maybeok Private First Class

Hi,

Download and install the free Belarc
    Print out the formed Belarc report and you should have most of your program's serial numbers listed

Regards

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds