Software Setup Install Files Fail To Run

Discussion in 'Software' started by tritonobx, Nov 25, 2015.

1. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Running XP. Newly downloaded setups fail to execute, whether ordinary programs or security apps. After a crash in IE8, Panda Free anti-virus would not open. I did an uninstall of Panda but now a new setup won't run, same goes for avast. Have determined now that no new programs will install. Tried to research MSI issues to no avail. Currently installed programs and browsers continue to run however.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Need the error message you're getting.

3. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

No error messages show when trying to run new software setup files, they simply won't execute. I was able to reinstall Panda free AV, but the Panda Product Service won't start from the Windows services list. Clicking to start the service simply returns the error...Panda Product Service error 1053, service did not start in timely fashion. Nor does the Panda tray icon appear. The Panda support forum seems to advise on simply uninstall/reinstalling. But since other new software setups won't execute, it appears to be Windows related as well and something I haven't yet identified. All other Windows activity seems to be working ok.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

5. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

Sorry for the delay, but I opted to resolve it with an XP reinstall, with data and settings restored. Thanks for the input, I went as far as I could before the redo.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds