Software that has pick beside it.

Discussion in 'Software' started by StanW, Apr 1, 2011.

1. StanW

StanW Private E-2

On the MG download page some software has pick with green next to em. Is that a MG recommendation to use? I see PC Tools antivirus free and PC Tools firewall free has the green pick. I haven't seen in the support forum many users use PC tools.

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

I have PC Tools firewall on my Windows 7 netbook, seems to work fine, it's also on my shortlist when I'm trying to setup a lightweight layered protection on XP. There are times when the first choice of softwares just doesn't work well with the existing Windows installation - often due to users having run so-called 'tweaking' or Registry 'cleaning' programs.

3. StanW

StanW Private E-2

Thanks again satrow! Tried to use Comodo firewall on my Vista 64 bit and it did not work well. Got a black screen after login to Windows. Just seeing if there is another antivirus and firewall that might work well for me besides the Avast and Zone Alarm. Again thanks for responding.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds