Software to convert avi to mp3

Discussion in 'Software' started by quinlad, Apr 10, 2006.

1. quinlad

quinlad Private E-2

Hello,

I have an avi file that's one hour in length. I'd like to convert it to mp3 so that I can put the audio on my ipod. I've downloaded trial versions of conversion software but the trial versions will only convert files up to 30 seconds in length.

Does anyone know any free software that will do the job for me?

Thanks.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Does anyone know any free software that will do the job for me? <<quinlad

If you mean you want to extract the audio from a Video AVI and convert to MP3; the vast majority of these types of program/utilities are $hareware - however here are two freeware programs that might do the job:

This Video mp3 Extractor 1.6 utility will extract audio from Video AVI, ASF, and WMV files. Output audio file is mp3, and you can listen to the extracted audio with your mp3 player

SC Free Audio Extractor allows users to extract audio from video (AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF) video to audio (mp3, wav, ogg, wma). Additionally, the home page of that site has lots of other excellent DVD/CD related utilities that are also freeware : )

Related Link: Convert popular video formats to iPod video

Jodix Free iPod Video Converter - enables you to convert popular video formats to iPod video. The program supports AVI, MPEG, WMV, RM, RMVB, DivX, ASF, and VOB formats.

Good Luck!

4. quinlad

quinlad Private E-2

Thanks guys!

A great help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds