Software To Delete Folders On Specific Date

Discussion in 'Software' started by HCM, May 30, 2009.

1. HCM

HCM Private E-2

Does anyone have a recommendation on Windows XP software that you can set to delete a specified folder on a specified date? Thanks for your help!

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

3. Earthling

Thought I would just try this out using AutoHotKey's macro recorder. I had a working script in less than two minutes. The program will convert this to an exe if required, which can then be added to Scheduled Tasks.

The macro recorder might not be suitable for your needs though, in which case a bit of help file study would be required to create a more robust script.

The thing is - it does the job.

4. Earthling

Breaking the forum rules here with successive posts, but the answer to this is so ridiculously simple I'll have to risk it ;)

Install AutoHotKey first. Then open Notepad and type -

FileRemoveDir, <Drive:\Folder>, 1 replacing Drive:\Folder with your own of course. Syntax must be exact. The 1 at the end removes all files and subfolders.

Now save the file with the .ahk extension, making sure Notepad doesn't also add the .txt extension at the end, e.g.

FolderDelete.ahk

Double clicking the ahk file will remove the folders, if they exist. If they don't exist it will do nothing.

You can set up as many of these files as you want, or add as many similar lines as you want to the one file.

You can also use the program to convert the ahk file to an exe, and that can be added to Scheduled Tasks.

Or have you lost interest? ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds