Software to display system hardware running

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dekade, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

I am running Windows 7 Professional SP1. For purposes of deciding what size battery backup to purchase is there a "safe" freebie software program that can scan my computer and tell me what size power supply, cpu, etc. I have on board.

OR is there someway to already tell this within Win 7?

I need to try and calculate the total wattage and VA consumption on my computer to make the correct choice of battery back up.

Thanks for any input.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

The best bet, would be to list what is in your computer. I personally run an APC xs 1500 to power my setup.

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

This online tool is used to calculate minimum power supply size for computer builds and upgrades.
    You can use it to get a starting point.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite

Speccy

4. Dekade

Dekade Sergeant

mjnc and theefool,

Thanks for both of your replies. I did go to a backups manufacturer and use their process for calculation.

Dekade

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds