Software transcription Programs for Deaf Students

Discussion in 'Software' started by dixiepeep, Sep 26, 2005.

1. dixiepeep

dixiepeep Private E-2

Anyone know of a software transcription beside Dragon Naturally Speaker that enhances typing speed of the transcription by automattically filling in common words when the first few letters are typed. I am such a NEWBIE.

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

I don't think you'll find anything along those lines because if you think about it...there are alot of words that could be confused!!!

For example...take the everyday common word like, "the" and think of things that it could also be the beginning of, like...theater, theme, thesis, and i'm sure I could come up with a BUNCH more examples if I sat here and thought about it long enough!! It would be more cumbersome and labor intesive, if everytime you type the letters "t" & "h" and then up popped a list of the most common words that you would have to verify which one you wanted, and then continue typing!!!! You're much better off just taking the time and practicing to become a better typist!!!!

Roger

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds