Solution to: automatically redirecting, media player internal error, system restore

Discussion in 'Software' started by xenopain, Apr 10, 2005.

1. xenopain

xenopain Private E-2

Actually the problem did not really fit in the topic title so i will summarize again, i am writing this cos i spent a number of hours to find the fix. It is a number of problems related to each other:

1 - when you try to login yahoo, ebay, etc ... If internet explorer says:
    If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting. Click here ....

2 - If you cannot open javascripts in webpages

3 - If your windows media player gives "internal error"

4 - If your system restore screen is just a blank page

5 - If your cannot really open windowsupdate website

These problems all appear at once (for me at least...) if you uninstall/remove some software or .dlls (in my case i removed norton) and removing some spyware may do something like this (at least it is what i saw in other forums and here).

Anyway i found the solution in a topic related to windows media player in this forum, and it fixes all these at once (did for me.). I am quoting here:

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Thank's for posting your results, it's good to know the extra fixes. :)

Steve

3. Nickshea

Nickshea Private E-2

Thanks for the info on the windows media it worked out great!

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Glad to hear it worked for you Nick. :)

Steve

5. drudogg41

drudogg41 Private E-2

i tried doing what was posted but i get the message saying the file cant be found,what then?

6. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
    3. Click Expand File.
    4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
    5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD and on your hard drive.

6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
    7. Click Expand.
    8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds