Solution - w3i.com

Discussion in 'Software' started by dkocian, Jul 13, 2010.

1. dkocian

dkocian Private E-2

I have received so much help from this forum that I thought I should share a solution I found to a problem, just in case anyone else has the same issue. My computer, running Windows XP Pro Media Edition, suddenly started giving me 404 error codes for every website I tried to visit. In the address bar, it would show a redirection to http://www.w3i.com followed by a long string of characters. I followed threads of others having the problem with Hijack posts and various solutions, all to no avail. The solution, it turns out, was simple.
    First, go to add/remove software and remove "Freeze.com". Then, in the browser, just go to "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced", and at the bottom of that screen, there is a "Reset" button that returns all of IE8's settings to their original settings. One click and everything was back to normal.
    I hope this helps someone. I spent hours trying to get past the issue and since I was blocked from the internet, I had to go to a different computer to search for solutions.
    David

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds