some DX10 info

Discussion in 'Software' started by rob1101, Dec 9, 2006.

1. rob1101

rob1101 Private E-2

so can some one give me some detaild info on DX10. i have a bunch of questions but cant really find a valid answer.

when is DX10 comming out?
    Do i have to have windows Vista to run it?
    What are the minmum hardware specs?
    How does it improve over DX9?
    there are plenty more i have but i cant think of them now.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

This may give you some answer to the questions you posed,

1. DX10 is out now if you have Vista as its built in.
    2. Yes as their are no plans to port it to XP
    3. Latest DX10 compatible GFX card woud be min spec but it is backwards compatible with DX9 based cards.
    4. See below link for piccies ( but it woudl be better to see them live in person to judge due to reproduction graphics details )
    5. Will do best to answer any further questions as will any of us if we know the answer

this link may answer some questions
    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/articles/447226.aspx

3. rob1101

rob1101 Private E-2

thx for the info that answerd alot of my questions i kind of pissed that i am eventually gonna have to buy vista to keep playing new games but hopfully i will have a while untill i absolutly have to buy it assuming that most games that come out after launch will still support DX9

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think it will take a while for really good DX10 games to become the norm, and yes many will have to be for a few years backwards compatible with DX9 as thats what many have.

2007 is going to be a testing time for Vista as many applications we use fine on XP will ahve to be updated to run correctly, this goes for games too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds