Some Friggin' Birthday!

Discussion in 'Software' started by tat2d12000, Jul 4, 2006.

1. tat2d12000

tat2d12000 Private First Class

it's already bad enough that i turned 45 today, but, if you catch any of my threads, i can't get my pc right. now my windows update won't work . i keep gettin a update message, dl'ing win me updates,installing them, nothing happens. i have a big install history though. what a dip! i shoula noticed sooner and i'm sure my missus didit too. is there a way to fix this quick. i've been on this nonstop 4 2days. i got hi speed and all hell broke loose. b4 on dialup i had just cleaned out over 100 problems i bet. i thought i'd get a gift by getting hi speed but so far all i'm doing is going in circles. i've had to delete most of the programs i dl'd to protect me (avast and outpost).i dl'd their security suite(made by authentium) and it's givin' me shit too. it's dropping me out after 30 to 35 minutes online. poof! next thing ya know you got no coneection to the server and your lites are all go green. i don't know where to start now. i'm tired of their techs. i need a guru...:eek:

2. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

Sorry I can't help, but happy birthday!

3. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

We share the same birthday except I'm 53 today. Happy Birthday. I hope your problems get better for you.

I think you indicated that you are running WinME. If so you should upgrade to XP or 2000. Microsoft is already discontinuing support for ME and it has never been a very stable OS.

4. tat2d12000

thats the next thing on the list. and i got a long list. happy b'day backatcha.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

6. tat2d12000

it won't allow me to dl the activex for panda scan. i think i'm in deep doodoo.

7. TimW

8. tat2d12000

let me get on that . i'll be back. thanks tim i think this makes the 2nd time you've hooked me up.

9. tat2d12000

man, i forgot i got hi speed the dl's are phenonemously(?) fast. i am running as we speak...

10. TimW

Clamwin is pretty slow to scan, but then panda would take 20 minutes or so to online scan.

Bigfix is pretty good at finding problems.

11. tat2d12000

this situation is weird. its almost as if my firewall is still on the way it won't let things open. wouldn't let counterspy load. i i been off the last 4 days glued to this pc ,then got hi- speed yesterday... still glued can't think of anything else but this sucker working right.

12. TimW

What exactly is happening? ....did you try panda in internet explorer ....did the downloads go okay, but you get errors when trying to install? Do you have CCleaner installed ...Bigfix?
    :confused:

13. tat2d12000

the clam's still scannin'. do you know what SHAgentNew.dll is? it came up on the security suite anti-virus scan i did earlier. i don't know if i should kill it or if it's somethin' important. it's in C:\Windows\System.

14. TimW

15. tat2d12000

sorry got dropped again had to reboot. not good news c;\windows\system\activescan\pskavs.dll:sirius.annihilator.272.found on clam win so far . i had to start it over

16. TimW

When the scan stops ...go to the malware section!!! Do it exactly as directed.

17. tat2d12000

that bad huh? i knew i didn't want to be online without a condom. i woke up this mornin' and there was the missus- surfin' away. i got so mad. i just cleaned this up last week.here i go again....

18. TimW

When your clean ....follow their suggestions to avoid all that crap.:) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds