Some games work, others don't visual errors

Discussion in 'Software' started by sc400, Aug 25, 2007.

1. sc400

sc400 Private E-2

Hello all, First Post Here, hopefully you guys can help me (Yes i searched too ;)).

Heres my system specs:
    A8N-SLI
    1.75GB Ram
    XFX 7900GS (600 Core, 1600Clock)
    AMD 3500+ OC'ed to 2.42

This problem only arose recently. My southbridge chipset fan recently kicked the bucket on this PC and i had to replace it. The thing is though the video card is RIGHT next to the chipset fan and there was ALOT of heat being displaced by the metal *since the fan wasn't working. So I put a new fan in and when i try to play some games i get a weird visual error. Games such as Lost Planet, Bioshock Demo, MS Flight Sim 10, all have the weird visual error. HOWEVER though, i tried playing Overlord and it ran fine, no glitches nothing.

Here is a picture corresponding to my problems:(sorry the picture sucks, but when i try to do a print screen, it comes out looking normal)

[​IMG]

2. hats_for_clowns

hats_for_clowns Private E-2

I had a similar problem a while back, basically you've burned out your GPU, the reason it only messes up on some games and not others depends on how demanding the game is. My only advice is to replace the graphics card, thats what i did but it was on warranty. that was a 7900GS as well, i think they may just be a bit sensitive to heat of any kind.

3. sc400

sc400 Private E-2

Well needless to say i have found the error, and it makes me feel retarded that this was the case.....

My resolution wasn't set properly and that gave me the bad image....why though it had wrong colors and that line is beyond me, but i changed it to my native resolution and walla everything is fine. Wierd....

4. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Alls well that ends well :)
    I was going to suggest your resolution, as I had that problem last year :(

Glad you are sorted though :)

5. sc400

sc400 Private E-2

Thanks buddy :).

I just feel really retarded that something like that was the source of my problems :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds