Some images wont show IE and netscape???Can someone help?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mag00, Dec 20, 2006.

1. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

Since installing zone alarm, the bottom half of a web pages buttons do not display. I have the index file on my desktop and when I open that, everything works fine in netscape, but when I view from netscape as others might, the buttons do not show.

Everybody else seems to see the buttons. Is there a setting in ZA I am missing? And why would most of the other buttons display, but then at one point in the page they quit displaying?

I checked source on the pages when they didn't display proper, and the img code is missing???

How can that be??? The file is intact, I downloaded a copy and checked, the tags are there. On my mac when I go online, page displays proper.

So since the zone alarm, things have gone haywire. Any insights?

Help much appreciated.

Dave

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Go into the Zone Alarm program allowing section and see if Internet Explorer and Netscape have 4 ticks by their names. If not, then right click and allow them.

3. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

3 green bars, four ticks, email red x

netscape
    netscape browser
    IE

2 netscapes one has a green dot in front.

I was reading elsware about scripts to keep others from hotlinking, that mess with zone alarm but that should not be an issue, on this site.

It's just odd that buttons load, to a certain point, and then the next tables they don't, I can't find any script that would mess with the browser either.

I disabled za to check and things loaded fine

I just got this zone alarm and have 30 days to get my money back, and if it is going to be problematic is there another firewall that will work for me?

Thanks
    Dave

4. mag00

mag00 Sergeant

when all else fails read the directions LOL

Hey thanks, a bit of snooping and I finally found how to turn off ad blocking and that fixed it:)

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Hey that's good news!

Sorry I've been at work this evening and couldn't get back to you but glad you got it sorted :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds