Some of the keys are not working on laptop - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by breadbin, Dec 3, 2006.

1. breadbin

breadbin Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 1300 and less than a year old, but some of the keys aren't working. I think all the F1 - F12 and some of the number keys and Delete. Could this be a loose connection inside somewhere. I tried turning it off and on a few times too. Any help will be great. ed sorry it is running XP SP2.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If less than a year old, is the warranty still applicable, if so ring Dell and they most likely will take it back and fix it, under the warranty aggrement, if you open her up then they may not.

Dell do have service manuals online and this one is yours
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1300/en/sm/index.htm

But if its still within warranty I personally would be inclined to take advantage of that, in some instances the warranty covers home visits ( depends on country and warranty supplied as I know they can be different )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds