Some opinions please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sasuke, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

Hi my PC is a gateway 706GE with 1.5 GIGS of RAM with a 3.0 ghz processor.

I'm just looking for a video card able to play Oblivion atleast on medium to high settings. my price cap is at like $220 right now and i was just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for a good video card that can play Oblivion F.E.A.R CoD2 etc..... on medium to high settings in or around that price range. Thanks in advance for anyone who helps :) ........

2. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

sry for the double post but i forgot to say wat kinda slots i have

PCI x16: 1 slot
    PCI x4: 1 slot
    PCI:3 slots

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

a 6800gs or gt is pretty much the best u can get for 220 abouts but it will do fine. Not maxed out most likely but it should still look pretty good

4. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

5. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

6. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

7. Chris avz

Chris avz Private First Class

I like XFX cards. i dontknow why ive just always gone for the XFX version of any card when i can, They always go that little bit further on improving performance than standard nvidia cards and are very competitive at making thir version of a card the best.

XFX geforce 6600GT was amazing and now my xfx 7800GTX is just unbeliavable :D

8. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

9. IanTheGeek

IanTheGeek Private First Class

I'de save for another month or somethin and buy the 7900 gt like what was suggested above me. If you absolutely cannot wait, I'de also say that the 6800 would be great for you. BTW, I love how no one posten any ATI cards :)

10. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

thx alot!!

11. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

12. Sasuke

Sasuke Private E-2

13. lubetek

lubetek Private First Class

$300 will get you a 7800GS

My 9800Pro plays the game at medium settings all day long, with a little lag from time to time but nothing major. so I would say anything better than that card would be ideal. X800 and up, and 6800 and up should do you just fine.

14. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

"What do you think about this one? >>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150139"

Looks like a good card to me.

15. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds