Something is seriously wrong with my Linksys WRT54G2 router. Please help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hav3nsblade, Jul 15, 2012.

1. hav3nsblade

hav3nsblade Private E-2

Today, when I restarted my WRT54G2 linksys router because of its faulty wi-fi, I lost internet access completely. So I reset the router and got back access. Now, when I tried to go to 192.168.1.1 to re-enter the security settings etc, I was greeted with what you see below. I tried to refresh and then, it says the page couldn't load because the connection was interrupted. I did this again and again when one time I brought out the full page for the router and I set everything up but, the wi-fi still wasn't protected with a password and was still public. I reset it by clicking "Factory defaults" on the page and I lost access and now, I'm back to square 1. Please help guys! I've had this router for 1 year now.

Attached Files:

2. danclarke21

danclarke21 Private E-2

Repeat the process again. Reset your router, reconnect everything. Then connect to your router as normal (192.168.1.1). Please make sure before you do this that no proxy settings have been set or any changes to your browser. This may affect connecting to your router.

If you are unable to access your router again, I recommend calling the manufacturer or/and your broadband provider for further assistance.

3. LordOlives

LordOlives Private First Class

When managing your router with the web interface it is recommended that you have a wired connection to the router as it is possible that you can loose your wireless connection if it is being managed by wireless.

Sometimes routers behave in what I like to refer to as WTF-mode. I had a Linksys that when it was working, worked just fine, but sometimes it would loose internet and when that happened I couldn't access the web interface though a wired connection. Once I got it back online I could access it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds