Something strange under users properties plus

Discussion in 'Software' started by seair, Mar 2, 2008.

1. seair

seair Private E-2

Hello all. Hoping someone can help. Running Vista 32 bit on a dell laptop. I was trying to move a video folder that doesn't belong in music. Message said access denied. I then went to C: users:properties:Security:It then had the first listing as owner. then everyone, then system,
    administrat, users. None of these will allow me to
    change special permissions.(greyed out box). Ever since I've closed the window and returned, I don't see the 'Owner" under security properties: permissions. The others are still listed. And still not able to change 'special permissions'. Has someone taken over my laptop? How can I fix this so I can change special permissions? Please help. Thanks in advance

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Are you logged onto the PC as the Admin? if not do so.

Or you could take ownership of that folder in right click > Properties > Security > Edit > Add > Advanced > then click Find Now and find your user name and click Ok to add you to the permissions group.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds