Sometimes tower beeps on alert

Discussion in 'Software' started by TiCoyote, Jul 21, 2010.

1. TiCoyote

TiCoyote Private E-2

Sometimes, certain errors messages or alert sounds will beep in the tower rather than making their correct sounds from the speakers. I get it from certain alert and error messages, and from the FirstClass e-mail program. Other sounds, like playing movies, or just testing the volume, work fine. A reboot resolves the issue.

Any ideas?

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

Could you send some screenshot of the error messages?

3. TiCoyote

TiCoyote Private E-2

It's not a related error message. It's any alert noise.

4. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

I guess i understand the problem, you mean;

Sometimes when a error is produced do a sound, that sound some times is a beep in your CPU and sometimes the sound is correctly played in the speakers.

What Kind of computer do you use?
    Windows XP/Vista/7?
    Do you remember when it started to happen?

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Is it the same sounding beep as you would get when booting up? Did you build this system and connect an internal speaker on the tower, not that little round donuty thing soldered on the motherboard. The reason that I'm asking is that motherboards give off BIOS beeps only during boot-up, whereas your beeps aren't at all related to BIOS, just software beeps that happen to come from your tower. Find the audio connector and pull it.

6. TiCoyote

TiCoyote Private E-2

It's a different beep than at bootup. It's a lower pitch.

I'm running XP. I built the PC myself.

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You're too fast, look up, I made some edits.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds