Sony DRU-840A

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kev_ky88, Mar 22, 2009.

1. kev_ky88

kev_ky88 Private E-2

i HAVE A SONY DVD BURNER MODEL # DRU-840A. I BOUGHT IT INSTALLED IT WENT TO BURN A DVD WITH ROXIO AND I GET THE MESSAGE ROXIO HAS ENCOUNTERED A ERROR AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. THIS MESSAGE POPS UP NO MATTER IF I TRY TO BURN CD'S OR DVD'S. ALSO IT DOES THIS FOR TRYING TO MAKE DATA DISCS. ANYONE WITH HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE IT GREATLY.THANKS IF YOU NEED MORE INFO JUST LET ME KNOW!!

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

It appears, from what you've said, the problem isn't with the Sony, but rather your burning software. Have you considered changing from Roxio to another burning software? I used Roxio a long time ago and have had problems with it. I switched to CDBurnerXP, which is a full featured, FREE CD\DVD burning program that is updated fairly often and have had no problems since. Of course, that's only a suggestion.;) It can be found here http://www.majorgeeks.com/CDBurnerXP_d4242.html MGs has other free burning software also, but I'm quite happy with CDBurnerXP and haven't tried any of the others.

3. kev_ky88

kev_ky88 Private E-2

yes i have tried other software. i have tried nero 7 and a trial version of nero 9 all with same problems. i have a lg dvd burner but the dvd lens went to crap but the cd burner still works and i have no problems burning a cd with roxio that why i was guessing it was the sony burner. i'm not that familiar with computers so i just don't know whats wrong. thanks for the help

4. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

I will agree with Stubby.So either chage the software or reinstall Roxio.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds