Sony DVD-R mini disc

Discussion in 'Software' started by pengwah, Jan 22, 2006.

1. pengwah

pengwah Private E-2

Hi I am having problem in playing in my dvd+- burner the mini dvd disc as mentioned. The disc is a recording of a function which my friend recorded in his dvd camcorder. When I try to play it on the dvd burner drive a popup saying "G:/ is not accessible.Incorrect funtion", what is it mean I can view all other dvd and burn without any problem. Finally I used Isobuster to extract the file and the result is a .Tao file image, what to do with this file if I wish to burn it to VCD. The file seem cannot be played in my computer players such as power dvd and media player but could play in Nero showtime player.Is there any sofware which I can use to record the movie when I play it with the showtime player ? My only wish if anyone can help me in solving the problems as mentioned. Thanks.

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

This seems quite similiar to your problem.Videohelp forum link to relevant post
    Link to entire thread

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Unless, the disc is closed, its not readable by a PC, or a DVD player. AFAIK, onl the dvd-rws work opened (in my case anyway). mini dvds are funny that way. It lists them in the manual, which will play opened, and which won't.

4. pengwah

pengwah Private E-2

Thanks Adrynalyne and Just Playin I went to videohelp and look at the topic it seem almost as I am having and the look it is very bleak to make the mini dvd-r to play in my computer. I am thinking since I could watch the recorded movie in nero showtime ( no other players I have can play) is there any software which can record the showtime player movie when I run it. The file cannot be read by other application only Isobuster could do it unfortunately it required to register to have the pro function to extract the recovered .vob file. I do hope to hear futher help from you all.Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds