Sony MicroVault 8GB flash drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oli, May 28, 2008.

1. oli

oli Corporal

I bought a flashdrive and inserted it into the USB port and nothing happened, not indicator lights. I have a HP WinXP sp2 computer.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Did you try another USB port? You need to determine if the USB ports are working. Do you have any other USB devices to try in the same port?

3. oli

oli Corporal

I have 2 USB ports on the front of the computer. I also have 2 on the back. Apparently the ones on the front don't recognize the flash drive but the rear one does. APITA to get to the back of the computer.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Short term solution: buy a USB hub (powered would be better than unpowered) with 4 to 7 ports. Plug it into one of the back ports using an extension if you need it to reach to the front of your desk and plug your peripherals into the hub.

5. oli

oli Corporal

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds