Sony Vaio BSOD HELP!! code lines posted

Discussion in 'Software' started by theways4life, Jul 1, 2009.

1. theways4life

theways4life Private E-2

I have a Sony Vaio VGN A290 which i just got back from the manufacturer warranty replacement center, they replaced the hard drive as well as a few other things.. No more than a day or two after receiving it back, it now comes up with a bsod, reading :

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL..
    Technical Info: ***STOP:0x0000000A(0x49D99172,0x00000002,0x00000000,
    0x804D9EFE)
    Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete

What does all this mean?

2. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

Hello Theways4life.

Windows XP or Windows Vista?
    Also, why was it sent there in the first place? I think possibly something isn't sitting well on your PC.

Are you able to access any part of Windows? Safe or Normal?

As far as the Beginning dump of Physical Memory and all that good stuff, it probably dumped a .log file to your computer, which is vital in figuring out what went wrong with your PC :)

Thanks.

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

Problem with hardware.RMA again.
    And.WELCOME to MG!!!!!

4. theways4life

theways4life Private E-2

i sent it to be repaired due to some minor issues, because my warranty is up in october. They fixed a wobbling screen , loose ac jack, and a faulty DVDRW drive. However, they also said the hard drive didnt pass their diagnostic so they replaced it..

I am running windows XP and i cannot access my desktop at all.. it restarts constantly whether i choose safe mode, or debug, or last good config...

and the last thing i did before this started happening was i put the computer into hibernation while i had multiple internet windows running.. about 10-15

im not very good with all this compurter stuff so id like the easiest to understand response lol

5. theways4life

theways4life Private E-2

what does "Problem with hardware.RMA" mean.. im not very technical

6. Elder_Usr

Elder_Usr Sergeant

As mentioned.
    Probably what happened when working on it, something got loose. And yeah, Probably sending it back to them to see whats going on would be best bet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds