Sony Vaio, No Power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sexygeek2034, Mar 5, 2011.

1. sexygeek2034

sexygeek2034 Private E-2

I have two identical Vaio PCG-505TX, Im testing them both with the same power cord. One doesnt power on, It wont even turn on any lights when I plug it in. What could be the problem with this one? :confused
    The other, powers on & boots up, but says there is no operating system found. What I would like to know, is where do I look under the BIOS setup utility to know if there is a hard drive even installed? & if it doesnt have one, what type do I need & whats the max GB hard drive space this model will take? :yum
    Thank-you for your help

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Here is a link for the specs of the laptop at bottom of page. It appears you will only have 4.3 Gig HD. The way to see if you have a HD in the working model is either unscrew one of the backplates where you will see where it is or should be. Or boot with a XP disc in the rom.If you want to access the Bios try hitting F2 or F4 key and see if that gets you there. Lets see if we can solve this laptop first before we go onto the non powered one.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/sony-vaio-pcg-505tx/1707-3121_7-31102923.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds