Sony Vaio output to tv

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N84Christ, May 23, 2011.

1. N84Christ

N84Christ Private First Class

I am working on a Sony Vaio Model VGCJ5410F/S and I would like to know how to connect this unit to either a t.v. or projector. There are only usb outputs and a s/pif. Is there something i need to do to make the usb ports work (i.e. turn them on?) Thanks

2. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Assuming that your computer doesn't even have a VGA out to connect to an external monitor you may look into Orb http://www.orb.com/en/orb-tv/features.html for about $100. I haven't used the Orb TV part yet but I do use Orb to view the TV card from my desktop to my laptop via their software. They don't require a monthly fee to do this at this time. This would be OK for viewing streamable content, but wouldn't work if you want to just use the TV or Projector as a monitor. Want to watch recorded TV, movies, listen to music, etc... this would work.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds