Sony Vaio video adaptor doesn't support directx9

Discussion in 'Software' started by scoobysnacks, Sep 16, 2011.

1. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

Just picked up a Sony vaio laptop which the previous owner has installed a version of Windows 7 on. Unfortunately the display adaptor driver doesn't seem to like directx 9, and crashes when certain things happen (such as trying to play a video). It comes up with the BSOD, saying "paging fault in non-paged area" or similar, and quotes file nv4_mini.sys.

I've attached an Everest report, if that's any use. Can anyone tell me if there is a way round this problem, a driver that will provide directx 9 support or a way to emulate it, or if I need to roll the windows version back to xp or vista. I've not got a copy of vista or xp, so would prefer to get windows 7 working if at all possible.

Cheers

Scoobs

Attached Files:

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Have you tried the vista driver here...

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computi...UN.exe&m=VGN-SZ2M_B&ip=NVDVID-01422002-UN.htm

Download and Installation
    1. Download this update and save it to a download directory.
    2. Close all running programs.
    3. Go to the download directory and double-click NVDVID-01422002-UN.exe.
    4. Click Continue when prompted by the Windows User Account Control.
    5. The update Wizard starts; click Next.
    6. Wait while the Wizard installs the new software.
    7. Click Finish when the installation is complete.
    8. Restart the computer.

3. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

EDIT LAST POST>>>>> PLEASE IGNORE LAST POST INSTRUCTIONS>>>>> FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS>>>>>

Hi,
    Have you tried the vista driver?? try this....

1.) Uninstall the old driver first in device manager and programs and features, download and "Save" driversweeper to your desktop from here....

http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html .... Do not run it yet!!!!

restart your machine in safe mode and install and run driversweeper in the main screen you will see a few options as to what hardware drivers are installed on your machine, you need to select the nvidia display like in the pic'

[​IMG]

once selected click "Analyze" then click "Clean" run the clean button twice to clear any residual leftovers, restart your machine into windows, click out of any found new hardware prompts.

2.) Download Vista driver from here...

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computi...UN.exe&m=VGN-SZ2M_B&ip=NVDVID-01422002-UN.htm

Accecpt the Disclaimer at the bottom of the page for the driver to download, then follow these instructions on how to install.....

Download and Installation
    1. Download this update and save it to a download directory.
    2. Close all running programs.
    3. Go to the download directory and double-click NVDVID-01422002-UN.exe.
    4. Click Continue when prompted by the Windows User Account Control.
    5. The update Wizard starts; click Next.
    6. Wait while the Wizard installs the new software.
    7. Click Finish when the installation is complete.
    8. Restart the computer.

4. scoobysnacks

scoobysnacks Private E-2

Iain, you are a legend! I'd managed to get the Sony update drivers, but the wrong set. Those seem to have solved the problem!

Many thanks

Scoobs.

5. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds