Sony Vaio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Needhelp1, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Needhelp1

Needhelp1 Private E-2

I have been looking everywhere on the sony site to rma a sony vaio.
    I can't find any rma procedure, only repair the laptop for stupid money!

thanks

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Needhelp1.

Check this page.

You're probably going to have to use that phone number regardless if you purchased the machine locally or online.

3. Needhelp1

Needhelp1 Private E-2

thanks that helped i was looking everywhere and found nothing apart from a online text chat. which was useless the bloke just said to use the diagnostics by pressing f10.
    I dont know how i was suppose to do that with a dead hard drive ...
    then had to get the disc to prove it was dead
    then he gave me an email address!!
    as apparently they dont issue rma's ??

why give it warranty ???

sony probabnly one of the worst for support!!!!

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

You're right - I've always had problems with Sony support.

Is the machine still under warranty? If so, then stand by your rights and make a lot of noise - someone will listen sooner or later.

Good luck!

5. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

I second Caliban's comment about Sony support.

If the notebook is past the retailer's return policy, it's unlikely you'll get an RMA (new PC). Sony will either direct you to a local service provider or give you instructions on how/where to ship it to the nearest authorized warranty repair center to be fixed. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds