soon to be updateing to XP is there anything i need to know?

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Jul 9, 2005.

1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i just bought xp from someone and i am waitting for it in the mail so what i am wondering is how will i go about installing win xp? of course i will have to format because my hdd is fat32 running 98se
    will i have any problems running my games online like UT2004, BF1942, battlefield vietnam and so on when i install them and try to play them online
    can someone post step by step of how to install xp in like a text file so i can print it out so i can have it handy if i run into problems so i can truble shot
    should i go ahead while i am waitting on the disk to come in the mail and download the xp drivers for my hardware and burn it to a disk so i have them ready or will that be a waste of time? i dont think you need my spec's for this and if theres anything eles you think i may need to watch out for can you please tell me?

thanks

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

3. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i done ordered the sp2 cd afew days ago
    i am just now going over the links you gave me last night i started to download all the xp drivers i will need and my spec's are way past what are needed for xp too lol

thanks alot for the links they are being a great help to me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds