1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry. Can't post logs. Please read anyway.

Discussion in 'Malware Removal' started by GloKrae, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GloKrae

GloKrae Private E-2

Will reformatting a drive and reinstalling windows xp eliminate all malware on the drive?

Are there extra steps to cleaning the drive?

I cannot post the logs as the sality virus is eating programs faster than I can install them. I am afraid to keep the computer attached to the network as it may infect other computers on the network. I am afraid to copy logs to a disk or usb drive and upload from another computer because it seems like that could transport the virus to a clean computer. Numerous browser windows opening when connected to web complicates it even more.

I have decided to reformat and reinstall. But I need to know if I have to perform any other steps to insure that the hard drive is clean.

Should I ask this question elsewhere?
    Is this forum for HJT-log questions only?
    I have worked through the read & run steps.
    It is time to wipe the drive clean.
  2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.