Sort "All Programs" alphabetically.

Discussion in 'Software' started by bigbazza, May 30, 2006.

1. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

If you are annoyed that when you go to Start--> All Programs and that they are not listed alphabetically, try this.

1. Go to Start--> All Programs.
    2. Select ANY program from the list
    3. Right click on that program.
    4. Select sort by name.
    5. <enter>

It's done.:cool:

Why the hell aren't they sorted that way be default anyway?
    Bl**dy M$. :p Bazza

PS: They may not be strictly in Alpha sequence, if you have customised any folder icons, but they will be a helluva lot better than they were.

Another PITA fixed.:) ;) :D Bazza

2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

i love you

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :D Bazza

PS: I should have mentioned that I use XP pro with SP2. Baz

===

4. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

You alphabetize them now and all is 'well', but as soon as you install a new program...guess where it will end up on the programs menu?
    Yep.....at the very end!
    I just pin the programs I use the most to my start menu so I don't have a desktop cluttered with shortcuts or need to hunt for them in All Programs.
    Toni
    ;)

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

> Sort "All Programs" alphabetically. Why the hell aren't they sorted that way be default anyway? <

Regarding "Automatically" Sorting Win XP Start Menus Alphabetically:

For those that are annoyed by new entries in the Start Menu being appended to the bottom of the list instead of being "automatically" integrated alphabetically - this regedit tweak - [from TheElderGeek.com] will force XP to perform the sort function automatically (i.e. by default) after the tweak is performed.

I’ve used this regedit in several machines both at home and at work; therefore I'm quite sure that this tweak works with Windows XP. However I cannot verify if it works with other Windows operating systems.

Very Important Note: As a precaution make sure to always Create a System Restore Point prior to making any changes to the windows registry. This will allow you to return your computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to performing any registry tweaks. It takes like 30 seconds to perform a System Restore Point and can save you many hours of headaches and frustration; should something unforeseen go wrong during the installation process.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds