sotware installation

Discussion in 'Software' started by slydon, Feb 9, 2006.

1. slydon

slydon Private First Class

I just purchased a new computer and I have installed my programs and games into it and all is well ---EXCEPT---I can't get paint shop pro 9 to work. First of all when I install it hangs when it gets to the stage -- registring modules. I finally got some help and can get by that now. But after installation it refuses to come up. Click on the shortcut and nothing.
    Would like some help. I was using this program in xp on my old computer and it worked fine. Thanks Don

System-- Gateway FX400 Intel (R) Pentium D CPU 2.80 GHZ 512 ram 84% free space
    Nvidea 6200 turbo cache 81.98 drivers
    Windows xp media center edition version2002 service pack 2

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

NOTHING happens when you select the shortcut? No error message, nothing?

You can right-click the shortcut and select properties. There, you can see the path and filename of the executable its linked to. If you took the file name, and hit ctrl+shift+esc, can you see it on the processes tab?

And what happens if you double click the actual executable itself?

3. slydon

That is right NOTHING. I have never seen anything like it. I know I am not a great computer tech but I usualy am able to fix some problems. I right clicked on the shortcut and experimented with the compatibility options but still nothing. Funny thing, when I first installed it it worked fine for a couple days then quit and hasn't worked since. I have reinstalled at least 5 or 6 times with the same result. I am at a loss. I am not sure what or where the actual executable is.

Don:mad: :mad:

4. slydon

I can't seem to find an icon in the program that is labeled exe but the one that I did find shows a path to the program when I right click on it.

This is what baffles me; When I installed the program the first time it worked, so I obviously had a valid shortcut at that point. I used it for a couple days and it worked fine, but on the third day when I clicked on it nothing happened and it has not worked since even with multiple installations. Right clicking on the shortcut shows a path to paint shop pro. I am at a complete loss.:mad: :confused: :confused:
    Don

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Are you malware free? See this thread. Its pretty unusual for an executable to disappear.

6. slydon

I tried different video card drivers and the first ones didn't fix it but the second ones did and the program is running ok now. Thanks guys

Don

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds