Sound Card Crazy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Essentio, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Essentio

Essentio Private E-2

I have an Asus Computer running Win 7 64 byte. Sound card stopped working.
    Keeps saying sound card is disabled! YES, I did call Asus..No help there!!!
    I have tried everything: Like reloading the drivers from Asus site: Nothing!
    Nothing yellow on sound card.
    Keeps saying there is no speaker or head phone attached even though they are attached.
    Tried another sound card: PCI Of course the first on board one is not turned off. Nor can I find out how to turn it off! Nothing in Bios about the sound card??
    Help!
    Any suggestions...Sound card is an Intel model!

2. sheepondrugs

sheepondrugs Private First Class

Silly questions out of the way first.

Did it clip in your motherboard ok?
    Is the device disabled in device manager?
    Did you try the sound card in another computer/slot?

3. Essentio

Essentio Private E-2

The sound card is attached to the mother board & is not removable.
    Everything shows that the card is working? No Yellow notes anywhere??? Says it is enabled! But if you look elsewhere in another area says it is disabled???
    It keeps saying that the speaker &/or the head phones are not attached. But they are attached!
    I have tried playing a sample sound from that area & there is no response.
    Also I have reloaded the drivers three (3) times yet nothing.
    Yes: I have tried to remove the old drivers but they are locked down tight!
    Yes: I have admin access.
    This is an intel sound card in an asus computer. Yes I did call them! That was a waste of time, told me that the sound could be bad but gave no other info on how to disable drivers & get another new card to work in the PCI slot!
    I have tried Driver Detective: That was a waste of time!
    I have looked in the Bios & I did find the sound area. It says it is active!
    Help!

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

How old is the ASUS? If still under warranty, get an RMA and a replacement. Plugging a sound card into the PCI slot should have automatically disabled the onboard Intel. But, if the ASUS is out of warranty, you're looking at replacing the motherboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds