Sound Card Died? Producer w/o Music x{

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by windmindmusic, Mar 21, 2011.

1. windmindmusic

windmindmusic Private E-2

AC97 Sound Card worked up until a few days ago. Saving to upgrade, but not enough saved yet, and I don't want to buy another stock one if I'm just going to upgrade it, but I CAN'T BE WITHOUT MUSIC...

Any help grants you a thousand lifetimes' good beats.

I've attached my Everest and I'll paste it below for good measure.

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
    Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
    Report Type Report Wizard
    Computer WINDMIND (WindMind)
    Generator user2800s
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
    Date 2011-03-21
    Time 11:41

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
  2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

I see in your report that your MB has on-board audio. Have you tried removing your sound card and just trying the on-board audio?

3. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

If you don't want to open up the PC and mess with internal cards, a USB sound card is a decent, inexpensive option:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2&cm_re=usb_sound_card-_-29-128-002-_-Product

I used one of these after a speaker (3.5mm) jack broke off inside an older PC, making the on-board sound useless. For around $17 bucks and about three minutes to load the driver, it's a cheap and easy fix.

Hope this idea helps. :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

May not have a broken onboard audio (AC97) but one that has faulting drivers, can be caused at times by having malware on your PC or just one of those things, but try the below as written and lets just see if we can fix this.

1st off do open up Device Manager and tell us what devices if any have yellow ! marks next to them?

Then install the Chipset driver HERE and reboot, then install the UAA driver HERE (the UAA driver is a Microsoft HD audio driver component that is needed if you have a Service Pack version less than SP3 so as you have SP2 only, you'll need this for audio to work) and reboot then install the Audio driver from HERE reboot and test your sound.

Is your PC one of the Shuttle small form factor cube type PCs?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds