Sound Card problem: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ForBiddeN, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

Hey guys. I just rebuilt my computer myself due to a processor and mobo failure. Before the computer fried, I had windows Vista 32bit installed and my card ran fine minus all the good Creative Labs programs (equalizer etc.). The card worked. I rebuilt my computer, brand new everything other then the sound card, same Windows Vista. I get everything up and running and I come to find out Windows is not recognizing my card. I checked the motherboard one time just to make sure it was plugged into the PCI slot all the way. Whoops! Wasn't plugged in all the way. Start it up, still no recognization. Well? I download the latest drivers from creativelabs.com. It starts extracting, then I get an error saying "Setup was unable to detect a device." Now I'm stumped. Any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you rebuilt your PC did you have to get a new Motherboard and if so what one is it, make and model version please as many come with onboard sound these days and this needs in some cases to be disabled in the BIOS menu to allow the PC to see the PCI add-on one.

3. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

Ah yes, sorry I must of been out of it. I have a GeForce 8200 motherboard, it does have onboard audio, but I didn't think that would have anything to do with the sound card actually being recognized threw the PCI slot?

4. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

Bump, I did go into the BIOS and disable the onboard audio and the computer is still not recognizing it. I'm ready to get my quality sound back! :(

5. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

on the off chance that the slot the card is in is fried because of the earlier mishap, did you try putting it into another pci slot?

6. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

No, my graphics card is so big it took up the first PCI slot (Geforce 280 GTX OC). That came to thought but when the PCI and or mobo went out, the computer still worked, it just froze up. For example i was playing World of Warcraft and i could play it for maybe 10 minutes then everything locked up and whatever sound was playing repeated itself at like 10,000 RPM's lol.

7. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

Bump...

8. ForBiddeN

ForBiddeN Private E-2

Still no solution... Can anyone help me? :cry

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It seems to me that somehow you have to discover if the sound card is still working. You might be trying to use something that is no longer usable.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds