Sound computer to tv/monitor scart to hdmi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greybuffalo, Jan 25, 2013.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

Hi,
    I want to connect my old computers sound to my new tv/monitor,which has hdmi & scart connectors,attached is an image of the computers connectors,.
    Which one is for the sound and what does one call this,please?as I would like to use my monitor/tv for soumd instead of extra speakers:confused

Attached Files:

2. scajjr

scajjr Sergeant

Well that green plug is the audio output so if your TV has a 1/8" mini jack for audio in a cable with 1/8" mini plugs on both ends will work.
    Now if your computer has a video card that has an HDMI output you can use an HDMI cable and that carries both video and audio.

Not sure what a "scart" connector is.

Sam

3. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

You can see here the back connectors on the tv/monitor,you will see the scart.
    Is that 1/8th plug the only one that will do for sound on the computer? none of those other rectangular plugs are for sound?:)

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds