Sound Driver - Everex VA2001T

Discussion in 'Software' started by aidan80, Mar 17, 2009.

1. aidan80

aidan80 Private First Class

I have a Everex VA2001T laptop which came with Vista Basic installed.. well I got rid of Vista and installed XP and all was well.. Till XP couldnt go on no more so I reinstalled and found that I don't have sound anymore. Back to the Everex website only to find every other link there dead, tech support refuse to answer emails and I'm now stuck with a large paperweight!

I know the laptop has a VT1708A sound chip according to Everex spec sheet but the driver from VIA refuses to install.. Actually every driver I've downloaded for this thing wont install. The sound card works perfect in linux but I can't find a driver for it in XP?

I do not want to go back to Vista it's so slow I'd rather put it in the bin and leave it. I don't have the restore disc for Vista and do not fell the urge to manually restore the image from the hidden partition.

Any suggestions on where to download the correct drivers or even the the restore disc?

2. aidan80

I’ve tried every single driver on the VIA website and all of them return the error “unable to detect hardware”. I’ve confirmed the presence of the chip using Sandra.. there’s nothing in the BIOS. I’ve confirmed it’s there and working, running a linux live CD the sound works fine! The last time I put XP on I got the drivers right from Everex and they worked perfectly (this is what I get for not saving a copy). I can download the drivers from Everex for the laptop but all the zip files are corrupt, visa, xp even the recovery disc links are corrupt. None of them will open; I’ve tried on three different computers just to rule out any configuration issues with the zips.

Now if you’re able to download drivers from their site and confirm they are working please let me know roughly what time of the day your doing that. Just in the off chance their servers are overloaded? I’ve tried between 19:00 – 22:00 on random days including weekends. If you happened to download the sound driver and it’s working please feel free to send me a copy!!
    I will call their tech support I just haven’t had any time lately.

Thanks,

3. aidan80

Just to confirm I tried again..

http://www.everexstore.com/everex/support/va200xt/va200xt.php

You can download just about anything but nothing opens, all the zips are not working. I did a repair on the audio and modem but it was only able to get some of the files out. Starting to think maybe I just need to install linux on that laptop least it all works!

4. aidan80

I've tried to contact Everex via email and they didn't respond. I kind of hate the idea of being stuck on the phone for god knows how long! I do normally keep copies of all software, backup's of backup's how this got by me I don't know.. we're all only human!

Thanks again for your help,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds