sound driver prob.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr_painless45, Jun 4, 2004.

1. mr_painless45

mr_painless45 Private E-2

hi! awhile ago, i bought an hp pavilion 751n computer, and the mobo came with integrated sound. everything was running fine, until i saw a SiS sound driver on microsoft's website, so i download and install it, and now, everytime an error message or something pops up in windows, my computer "skips". i want to uninstall the driver, but will that screw up my sound, or should i still get sound through my speakers? thanks in advance!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what OS are you using?

3. mr_painless45

windows xp

4. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Try the Rollback Driver feature.

In Device Manager, right–click your sound device, click Properties, on Driver tab of the Properties dialog box, click Rollback Driver, and follow the wizard's instructions. You need to be logged into an admin-level account to do this.

As an FYI, usually it's not a good idea to install device drivers from the MS site, the device manufacturer usually has the latest ones.

5. mr_painless45

WOOT. it worked! thanks alanc. see, i love medieval total war, and in campagin mode, everytime i click something, the computers freezes for a split second and get REALLY annoying

thanks again!

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

did you try out viking invasion yet for MTW? it's wicked cool!

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Man thats one feature I miss that I wish was in Windows 2000.

8. mr_painless45

ok, now all my games run a LOT faster, but now everytime i start up my computer, the sound is at full volume! what is sis's website, and what are the latest sound drivers, so i dont install the wrong ones.

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds