Sound (driver) screwed up

Discussion in 'Software' started by cb23, Jan 14, 2009.

1. cb23

cb23 Private E-2

When I play any music or do anything where there should be sound all the volumes are up and have equalizer levels pumping but there is no sound. At all. All levels of volume are up and you can see the bass levels going up and down but nothing is coming out of the speakers. Is something wrong with the driver?

2. Vikingman4456

Vikingman4456 Private First Class

Have you looked to see if something my have came unhooked? Are they powered speakers? Have you checked Device Manager to see if you may have issues there? You could try to reinstall the driver from there as well. What OS are you using? Do you use a sound card or is this the onboard connection you use? So many questions here I know, but it is some of the simple things that tend to mess things up.

3. cb23

cb23 Private E-2

vista basic, no plug in speakers or anything, however i checked this morning and my headphones worked just fine when i plugged them into the jack, but my speakers that are built in, have no sound what so ever

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Are you sure the PC has built-in speakers? Very few systems have built-in speakers these days. You can buy decent speakers that will plug in to the PC for under $20 at any PC store....

5. cb23

cb23 Private E-2

its a laptop, my bad. i might just buy speakers that plug into the jack though cause i cant figure it out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds