Sound from headset and speakers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by devilishly.charmin, Jul 26, 2010.

1. devilishly.charmin

devilishly.charmin Private First Class

Hi, now I am not too sure if this is the correct section for this to go in as it may fall under hardware too.

I am wanting to be able to use my headset on Skype at the same time as playing music through pc speakers. I have a Sound Blaster X-fi fatal1ty. Now with this soundcard you get a little drive bay, like this http://www.aimcomputer.ca/images/Creative_FiTFC.jpg , as most of you may of seen before.

Anyway I plug my headset into the slots onto that bay and use a usb mic I bought separately as the mic, when using Skype. However I am somehow looking to be able to play music on my computer, at the same time as using Skype, just with the music coming out of my computer speakers and NOT the headset. I have read a couple of dated forums where some people have said it is possible but sadly I couldn’t follow their instructions.

I was hoping that somebody here may be able to shed some light on this issue or possibly come across if themselves so can advise me on what is best to do.

Also, I am running Windows 7 (32bit)

Thanks in advance,

Luke

2. devilishly.charmin

devilishly.charmin Private First Class

Can this post be bumped into the hardware section since no responses from software?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds