sound is messed up when i use the dvd drive!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amandav, Sep 22, 2006.

1. amandav

amandav Private E-2

hey everyone,
    i'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but whenever i play a DVD on my laptop, the background sound is very clear and loud but you can barely hear what the people are saying...it is so weird because my sound is fine otherwise and i have the problem no matter what program i use to play the dvds. i was looking around for some setting that may be causing the problem but nothing seems to work...if anyone could help me out that would be great because i dont have a dvd player otherwise and it's so frustrating! :eek:

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Im not sure what audio you have, but sounds like maybe you have it set for surround sound, or some other setting that it is not capable of producing. ed

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

What software are you using to watch the DVD's?

Sound is fine otherwise? When using the same software that you watch the DVD's with??

I will estimate that it maybe software related and that you need to use the equaliser to mix the sound (make the voices louder) with whichever software you are watching DVD's with.

4. amandav

amandav Private E-2

thanks for the replies! i finally got it to play normally...i'm not exactly sure what i did but i just started changing around some of the settings and for some reason now it's ok...i'm just glad there was nothing wrong with my computer! thanks for the advice! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds