Sound Issues Between Dell Computer And Epson Projector

Discussion in 'Software' started by runfromabear, Nov 2, 2016.

1. runfromabear

runfromabear Private First Class

This is getting a little bit outside of the realm of computers, but I thought I would give it a go to see if I could get some suggestions.

I have a Epson powerlite 1945W projector connected wirelessly to a Dell Inspiron Desktop. The dell has the 64 bit operating system and is running Windows 10. The desktop is connected to a sound mixer.

The problem I am having is as follows. When I am not connected to the projector I can run the sound through the sound board. However, once connected to the Epson projector the sound will not go trough the sound board at all. The only option it gives me is to connect to the speaker that is built into the projector itself. I cannot show a video on the projector and have the sound go through my sound mixer.

Any suggestions? I tried disabling the Epson projector speakers but that doesn't help.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you talking about the onboard sound?

3. runfromabear

I don't think so....not really up to date on the lingo. Basically I have a triangle going. A desktop computer, a separate sound mixer and a wireless projector. The sound mixer is hooked into the computer with a cable. Trying to get them to play nice together, but once my computer connects to the projector I can't get the sound to go through the mixer. It keeps trying to use the crappy speaker on the projector itself.

Tried setting default speakers etc. but it keeps reverting back to my projector speaker (when the projector is on).

4. Eldon

• Connect the projector.
    • Right-click the Volume icon in the Notification Area and click Playback devices. What do you see?

5. runfromabear

Only option listed is: Epson Projector ENP Audio Device (Default Device)

When not connected to the projector it is not listed as the default device.

6. Eldon

There should be a simple solution to this issue.
    But...
    1. I need to know if your PC has a sound card or onboard sound.
    means nothing to me.

1. Also, how are the projector and sound mixer connected to the PC?

Have a look at my Playback devices.
    Audio.jpg

The 'Speakers' are actually a Hi-Fi from 1980. o_O
    I can play the audio through either device by selecting Independant Headphone in the VIA HD Audio Deck.

You could use Speccy to show more info about the PC's audio.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/speccy.html

7. runfromabear

Thank you for taking the time to responds. Our PC is running on board sound. The sound mixer is connected to the computer through a USB cable and the projector connects to the computer wirelessly.
    I have attached three screen shots. The first my playback device options when not connected to the projector, the next one when I am connected to the projector and the third is the Speecy screen shot for the audio.

Attached Files:

8. Eldon

Thanks for the screenshots.
    Right-click the blank area when Playback devices are shown and ensure both the following options are checked.

Audio.jpg

Then you open the Realtek Audio Control Panel, and select Independent Headphone. Restart if necessary.
    This is my VIA Audio Control Panel.

VIA.jpg

9. Anon-c1150d5334

Anon-c1150d5334 Anonymized

I'd be interested to know what type of sound board you are using, eg. model no.

10. runfromabear

I opened up the realtek audio, but they didn't seem to give me the option of redirected or independent headphone. I attached a couple of screen shots of what was showing up.

I also clicked on the blank area in the playback devices box and checked both of those options.

The mixing board is a Samson L2400

Attached Files:

11. Anon-c1150d5334

Can you plug your sound board into the audio out of the projector ?

12. runfromabear

Too far a part. No way to hard wire them at all.

13. Anon-c1150d5334

The only way we can see it being done is to connect the line out (or head phone socket on the computer) to the input on the sound board.
    I believe you'll need a plug adapter for this.
    The sound may not be up to the quality you desire.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds