Sound Issues Gateway

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silver8679, Aug 20, 2008.

1. silver8679

silver8679 Private E-2

Ok I've looked through posts and can't seem to find any answers to my problem. At the suggestion of another post I downloaded Everest so I can provide a report if need be. I used my recovery option on my computer as I had been having problems with it. Now that everything is back up and running I have no sound. In the device manager there was a yellow question mark next to multimedia audio controller. I managed to find the driver on the Gateway site and the yellow question mark is now gone. However I still have no sound! In my sound properties it says there is no audio device. My husband has a Panasonic stereo connected to the computer and everything is hooked up correctly and worked just fine before the recovery. Please help! I have Windows XP Home Edition and according to Everest my audio adapter is Intel 82801DB ICH4 - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-0]. Don't know if that helps or not. Thanks!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Two ideas:
    Reinstall your chipset drivers.
    Check in Sound and Audio Device Properties that "Use this device" is enabled.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds